From the outset, 2023 saw significant job cuts across the world’s largest MarTech organisations. This early sweep was then followed by further cuts in Q3, as companies cut more roles than they had originally projected, citing a renewed focus on profitability.
And yet despite these rocky conditions, MarTech still remains a very attractive career prospect. According to a 2023 survey of 419 marketers, an impressive 74% of marketing technologists reported being at least somewhat satisfied with their jobs, and this was the case across all career levels.
Salary figures are attractive too. In responses collated from North America and Europe, the average salary of those surveyed came in at $138,000.
However, in the same survey, women were reported to earn an average 24% less than men – a gap that needs addressing but one that’s heading in the right direction; last year’s figure was 30%. It also found that 50% of women were promoted compared to 46% of men.
As digital marketing is now just part and parcel of the regular marketing mix, there are many attractive and lucrative career options out there across multiple industries. Organisations that aren’t technology-enabled in their marketing are far and few between.
Best recruitment websites in the US for Martech
Below we highlight a number of US websites that are worth browsing through if you’re considering a job in Martech:
- LinkedIn is a valuable platform for job seekers in the MarTech field. You can follow companies, join relevant groups, and set up job alerts based on your preferences. Many companies in the MarTech space actively use LinkedIn to recruit talent.
- Indeed is a popular job search engine that aggregates job listings from various sources, including company websites and job boards. It allows you to search specifically for MarTech roles, set up job alerts, and upload your resume for potential employers.
- Dice is a specialized job board for technology professionals, including those in MarTech. You can search for jobs based on skills, location, and job type. It’s a platform that caters specifically to the tech industry, making it a good choice for MarTech professionals.
- Built In is a platform that focuses on technology and startup jobs. It provides a specific section for marketing technology roles, allowing you to explore opportunities in companies that specialize in MarTech and related areas.
- SimplyHired is another job search engine that aggregates job listings from various sources. It covers a broad range of industries, and you can narrow down your search to MarTech positions by using relevant keywords and filters.
- Glassdoor not only provides job listings but also offers company reviews and salary information. You can find MarTech jobs in the U.S., read reviews from employees in the industry, and gain insights into company culture and salaries.
Related reading on Martech
Nathalie Parent, Chief People Officer at Shift Technology: “HR is the conscience of an organisation”
For more than 30 years, Nathalie Parent has led global HR teams, working primarily with software companies. Today she’s Chief People Officer at Shift Technology
Amazon introduces new storage class that makes it cheaper to store rarely used files
Robot carers are real, but caregiving has bigger problems, writes Richard Trenholm in this FlashForward edition